Monday, August 27, 2012

Challenge: Your Six-Word (Artist) Memoir

Coffee/Comix... and a writing challenge.

"Coffee/Comix"           acrylic            10" x 10"

It's still August so I say it's still summer. Time to squeeze in a little more sun, a little more summer reading. On the light side, I picked up "It All Changed In An Instant: More Six-Word Memoirs by writers famous and obscure". I was inspired by an entry on page 15, from cartoonist and illustrator Alex Longstreth. His 6-word contribution ("My motto: Draw comics every day.") got me thinking... 


If you could sum up your 'Art Life' story into six words, what would it be?
I'll be working on mine.
........................

Add this painting to your collection! Nicely float-framed*. Free U.S. shipping.



7 comments:

  1. How about this: Life is better holding a pencil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Coffee/Comix" poetically evokes Sunday morning smiles bracketed by guiltless laughter.

    Another happy surprise of your unexpected juxtapositions of the everyday taken-for-granted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love the unusual way you look at the simplest things. I guess that is what makes you and your art so special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, a mug of coffee, now I am craving coffee. I love the serious brown against all those happy summer pastel colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments! They always make my day.