Sunday, July 1, 2012

Coffee Dots

      "Coffee Dots"              oil                10" x 10"               R. Garriott

Where would we be without our morning coffee...
although personally I prefer mine over ice, even in the winter.

The summer does fly by! Thank you to everyone who suggested names for the last post's painting of the red tulips. There were some great ideas. I chose Douglas Hoover's idea "Shadow Casters" as the winner. It sounds like 'Stratocaster' and I can't resist a play on words even when it only makes sense to me. Posters of a couple of my favorite paintings went out to Doug and also to Dominique Eichi.

...........................................................................

For anyone who may have missed me at the Summer Art Market,
and is planning on going to the Cherry Creek Arts Festival,
I’ll have a selection of my coffee, donut, and cupcake paintings
within walking distance of the fest!

See my work at
Cherry Creek Framing/Gallerie Rouge
2600 E 3rd Ave (at the corner of Columbine)
Denver, CO 80206
720-318-7556


...........................................................................
.

6 comments:

  1. Back atcha, artistic comrade!
    Great to see another outstanding painting with "Coffee Dots"! And glad I could help with "Shadow Casters"... I must say you are one of the masters at word play for titles! I am but a mere student...ha!! I'll be enjoying my aRt immensely! Have an awesome creative summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice painting. I love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. R,
    your aRt is so fun too..... love those dots and my posters.... : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sitting in a booth in a '50's diner. In front of me a brand new polka dot oilcloth spills over the chrome rimmed edges of the Formica table. There's a bear claw pastry just off to the side, just left of the coffee cup. I can see it. I can smell it. I can see myself breaking it in half and dipping it into that steaming cup of cream-laced coffee. As I lift the now soggy pastry to my lips, I'm startled as the unconstrained liquid waterfalls from the pastry; deftly I move cup and saucer to catch the drips. I'll not stain those elegant polka dots today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great arrangement! I can't help but smile when I see it. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments! They always make my day.