Thursday, February 26, 2009

Painting for the Day: "Tea and Tangerines"


"Tea and Tangerines"..... oil .... 10" x 10".... SOLD

I've been working on a new set of still lifes... which includes trips to the thrift stores, import markets, and cooking boutiques looking for interesting and sometimes very specific props... and also going through my ever growing collection of little bowls and plates that I pick up all through the year. Yesterday I think I may have really scored with a set of yellow green arc-shaped plates that make an open circle when put end to end.

I enjoy doing these still lifes, my only wish is that I could find a way to do them faster, as there are so many in my head.

19 comments:

  1. With many artists looking for ideas and inspiration how lucky are you to have a head full of them! I too can hardly wait for you to get started.
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you've been really productive since I've had a chance to check in. Love the new works. Love the new backgrounds, prints and checks and all. It looks like everyday's been a Tuesday for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, thank you for the idea of using the channels in the hue/saturation tool - that one clue, that one single idea, allows me to fix my photos! All of them! I appreciate it enormously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful painting filled with bright colors! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carrie,
    Thanks for the compliment, and I'm glad the saturation tool took care of your 'blues'! It's a pretty handy little function.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this one heck of a piece of art!
    very nice.. great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just wanted to pop by and say hello! I've seen you comment on other blogs and I came to look at yours! WOW! I love your work!! I'm very impressed!
    BTW...... I own a pair of pink Converse ... actually.... I have quite a few colors...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Manon,
    Thanks for stopping by! We have enough Converse here that two of us can wear four different colors at any given time. Wish they had more padding in them, though1

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What beautiful painting! My first time seeing your wonderful blog! Love the bright, clean, colors too! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Nancy! I look forward to seeing more of your stunning paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All the orange circles in this make it very exciting to look at! Great color, composition and execution!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Kim! I really have a thing for circles. Maybe that's why I often feel like I'm going in circles! (or is that circular reasoning?)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments! They always make my day.