Here's my list of "Seven (not so) Unusual Things About Me":
- I love a good pun and a pithy witticism, a good laugh and a funny joke.
- I alphabetize my spice rack obsessively; and my closets and drawers are always arranged in chromatic order.
- I was nine years old when I was hired for my first 'art' job. A real estate company wanted a "kid's drawing" of a house for a billboard. I got paid $35. Ultimately the illustration was never reproduced, as they thought it was "too sophisticated".
- I've been collecting cartoons for as long as I can remember, especially cartoons about art and artists.
- Others suffer from my occasional dyscalculia (like dyslexia, but only affecting numbers).
- I was so poor (money-wise) in art school that one morning I woke up and realized I had nothing to eat in the house except shredded wheat and red wine (the really cheap kind in a box). Which got me through the week. (Which I think is on the menu again this week.)
- My favorite movie of all time is still Buckaroo Banzai ("Wherever You Go, There You Are"), and I've always wished they'd released a soundtrack.
And now for my seven artists picks to tag. I've tried for the most part to choose other 'untagged', newer to blogging artists so they can join the game and play too. In no particular order:
- Nathalie Davis, San Marcos California http://nsdavisart.blogspot.com
- Steven Conrad, Texas http://stevenconrad.blogspot.com
- Brett LaGue, Roanoke, Virginia http://brett-art.blogspot.com
- Stephen Dell'Aria, NW Virginia, http://plein-air-painter.blogspot.com
- Carole Baker, Alaska http://watercolorpostcards.blogspot.com
- Cheryl Anderson, Littleton, Colorado http://cherylandersonart.blogspot.com
- Connie Pride, Tennessee http://connieprideart.blogspot.com