Saturday, January 17, 2009

Photoshop Tips: Intro

In reading the comments on other's blogs, I've often run across phrases like , 'the photo's not good....it really doesn't look like this', or 'the color is totally different in real life', 'the real painting isn't this dark', etc.

It made me realize (again) that for many artists, Photoshop is a big, scary program that will take months to learn. Which is not altogether true, because most of us only use about 10% of the capability of the program, and skip the rest of the bells and whistles. So my goal is to offer some basic photo editing tips that will help the novice photoshop user improve the look of their artwork photos.

Having used Photoshop since version 3.0 (about 10-12 years?), and having run an office where I had to teach many other staff how to edit photos, I've picked up some quick tips and tricks. As computers were barely on the market when I went to art school, I pretty much had to teach myself; however I'll be recomending some books, websites, and other resources that may be helpful to you.


I'll try and post a few Photoshop tips a week, with pictures that show the steps in action. If you have a question or topic you'd like me to cover, please let me know.

4 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to the tips and such.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dominique! I'll let you know when I get going. Hopefully tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to owning photoshop one day. I'll still learn whenever I can and when I do, I'll be able to hit the road running, okay jogging...well maybe skipping, all right walking real fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, thank you, I'm a selftaught in a lot of things, but photoshop is not one o them (lol)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments! They always make my day.