This is way more fun than when I was a kid.
Here's my list of "Seven (not so) Unusual Things About Me":
- I love a good pun and a pithy witticism.
- I alphabetize my spice rack.
- I was nine years old when I was hired for my first 'art' job. A real estate company wanted a "kid's drawing" of a house for a billboard. I got paid $35. Ultimately the illustration was never reproduced, as they thought it was "too sophisticated".
- I've been collecting cartoons for as long as I can remember, especially cartoons about art and artists.
- Others suffer from my occasional dyscalculia (like dyslexia, but only affecting numbers).
- I was so poor in art school that one morning I woke up and realized I had nothing to eat in the house except shredded wheat and red wine (the really cheap kind in a box). Which got me through the week.
- My favorite movie of all time is still Buckaroo Banzai ("Wherever You Go, There You Are"), and I've always wished they'd released a soundtrack.
And now for my seven artists picks to tag. I've tried for the most part to pick other 'untagged' artists like myself so we can join the game and play too. In no particular order:
- Tom Pohlman http://tompohlmansouthwestpaintings.blogspot.com/
- Cyndy Carstens http://cyndycarstens.blogspot.com/
- Douglas Hoover http://douglashoover.blogspot.com/
- Taryn Day http://awakeandpainting.blogspot.com/
- Steven Walker http://www.stevenwalkerstudios.blogspot.com/
- Mary Kay Wilson http://exploringwatercolors.blogspot.com/
- Duane Keiser http://duanekeiser.blogspot.com/
OOPS!!! Late breaking edit-- It seems I cannot comment to Duane Keiser through his blog, so I need to find another worthy artist to tag. Any ideas, anyone??